Tuesday, March 27, 2012

nostalgia [no-stal-juh, -jee-uh, nuh-]


This week ended up being full of nostalgic moments. Like, grab your tissues, this is going to be good kind of nostalgia. But both moments are really special and I'm so happy they were captured on camera.

First, a local photographer is doing a marketing project with little girls wearing their mother's wedding dresses. On Sunday, A and I went to her studio and had a photo shoot with A wearing MY wedding dress and veil! It was so fast that I hardly had a moment to take it in but it did take my breath away seeing it.  I am excited to see the photographers final project which I will post here in May. Hoping Avery makes the cut--but in the meantime, here is a photo of me on my wedding day and the one of Avery I quickly snapped just with my iphone.  So cool!



Next, I had been dreaming since the day I met my son-with his massive amount of blonde hair and his chubby, total boy look- to have a photo taken of him like one that I have of my father. To be clear, in person, N is a exact replica of my husband, but when you see this photo of my father at 18 months you can't help but take pause.  There is a resemblance! 

So as N's 18 month birthday was rolling near I made an appointment for the shoot to try to match this photo from 1943.  As usual N was totally stubborn at the shoot (making the photographers crack-up but not a smirk from him) but by some miracle I got him to smile ONCE and she actually got THIS!


Its not perfect, and N's smile isn't as big as it normally is. That would show the resemblance even more but either way-- I LOVE IT.  So happy I kept this dream for the last year and half and that I stuck with it even with N trying really, really hard to make it impossible. My father passed away when I was 19, so he never got a chance to meet my husband or my children. I think he'd appreciate this photo -- And N's sense of humor too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment