Friday, March 9, 2012

Half-Birthday Colorful Butterfly Cake!

So I think half-birthdays are pretty fantastic. Especially around here when all 4 of our birthdays occur in one 30 day period. This make for an entire year of waiting for a birthday/cake obsessed 3 year old. So the end of last week we celebrated the much anticipated 3.5!! We did this by making a colorful butterfly cake together. 




I got the idea from my sister who had made rainbow cupcakes for A for her birthday.  Being that this was a spur of the moment decision to go from plain cake to awesome cake I didn't look up any "right" way to do it. So my method was just adding food color to the batter in batches--First blue, then added red for purple, and then GREEN!  All in the same bowl.







It was really, really fun for her. Really easy for me.  (If you want a real method for a Rainbow cake here's a cool one HERE.)

Or you can try our delicious, hodge-podge mystery cake! Cutting into was a surprise each time!



And for a 3 year old---its really just about the frosting and the candle. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment