Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!


So here is what happened this year. As a holiday that I loathed, both as a single and as an attached girl, I suddenly found value in Valentine's Day this year. Just another excuse to have fun and shower the family with love. 1) First, I had not noticed, in life previously, that you can buy decorations for your home for almost any occasion. More importantly I didn't realize that as my kids got older that would be something I would actually WANT to do. We had tons of fun decorating the house with A. Anything is magical at 3! And even 1.5 year olds will play for hours with holiday themed window clings!

2) We had tons of fun making valentines that would actually be passed out to her preschool class. And anytime there is a big "party" at school the excitement turns up a few notches at home. What I did not know is that Valentine's day is right up there with Halloween in the candy department - no matter how many notes that go home with the parents that say "do not bring in candy". I will be mentally prepared next year -- And I'll remember to block out more time for me on the treadmill :-)

3) We received valentines this year from our 3 year old (with help from the babysitter) and the presentation was super amazing! (This is in the lead for a JOY DAY post but lets see if something else beats it out this week)

4) Making Valentine's themed treats is fun. My go-to recipe for Tri Berry Muffins from Barefoot Contessa look all pink and purple when you bake them! BUT, one must be careful when making heart shaped pancakes, as my husband found out this morning. The the shapes can mistakenly get a little "dirty" :-) 





5) And finally, although on a much smaller scale, setting up their little gifts on the eve of Valentine's Day and watching their reactions in the morning was like a teeny, tiny Christmas. 


Hope your day was filled with fun and love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment