Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Yum! Banana Bread

I had a couple of bananas today that were at the end of their life so I decided to make banana bread. Since I rarely do the same recipe twice I looked around online, found a recipe that looked good and then I changed a bunch of stuff to help make it a teensy bit more nutritious for the kiddos. The result was soooooo good!!! Yum Yum! Really moist and delicious!

Here it is:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temp

2/3 cups of sugar

1/3 cup of unsweetened organic applesauce

2 eggs

1 teaspoon of vanilla

CREAM ALL OF THESE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER

Then add the dry ingredients:

1 1/2 cup flour ( I used equal parts unbleached white flour, almond flour, oat flour)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)

MIX THESE DRY INGREDIENTS UNTIL JUST COMBINED

Add:
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cup sour cream

We also added a 1/4 cup of dried cranberries and 1/4 cup of FLAX SEED for some sneaky Omega 3s.

Feel free to add nuts!

Give it all one last mix....

Put in a greased bread pan and bake at 350 for 55 - 60 mins

Let cool and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment